Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2nd Edition
(EXPERT CONSULT - ONLINE AND PRINT)
By Gregory G. Ginsberg, MD, Michael L. Kochman, MD, FACP, Ian D. Norton, MB, BS(Syd), PhD(NSW), FRACP and Christopher J. Gostout
Copyright 2011 - Expert Consult, Reference - 816 Pages; Trim Size: 8 3/4 X 11 1/16 in
Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2nd Edition, by Drs. Gregory G. Ginsberg, Michael L. Kochman, Ian D. Norton, and Christopher J. Gostout, helps you master the latest endoscopic techniques and achieve optimal outcomes. See how to perform key nuances with procedural videos at www.expertconsult.com in addition to 1,000 photographs, upgraded endoscopic images, and anatomical drawings both in print and online. Written by some of today’s most prestigious specialists and with many new and fully updated chapters, this resource equips you to diagnose and treat the full range of GI disorders with state-of-the-art coverage of bariatric surgery, therapeutic EUS, device-assisted enteroscopy, image-guided therapy, intramural endotherapy, and much more.
- Get comprehensive details on a wide breadth of topics including anatomy, pathophysiology, and therapeutic management options in addition to the latest GI procedures and technologies.
- Advance your knowledge on the rapidly evolving state of clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy with expert multimedia guidance from some of today’s most prestigious specialists.
New to this edition:
- Master new procedures with updates on the endoscopic management of bariatric surgery; EUS as a tool to direct endoscopic therapies; device-assisted enteroscopy for deep exploration of the small intestine; image-guided therapy to help detect cancer earlier; intramural endotherapy including the new POEM procedure; and much more.
- Keep current with both new and emerging technologies including the management of upper gastrointestinal familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome and ampullary tumors; post-bariatric endoscopy and endoscopic therapy; endoluminal bariatric techniques, and intramural/transmural endoscopy.
- See how to perform key procedures step by step with endoscopic videos at www.expertconsult.com, and access the complete text, online-only references, and all the illustrations.
- View techniques more clearly with upgraded endoscopic images and step-by-step illustrations in most chapters.
Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy is the comprehensive and multimedia resource for staying up to date with the latest technology and techniques in GI endoscopy. There are many real practice-changing pearls of wisdom in these pages. Authors were selected because of their personal contributions to the development of their assigned topics, acknowledged clinical prowess in the field, and proven track record as effective scientific writers, which results in a collection of the most authoritative and easily absorbed chapters available in endoscopy. No other textbook offers real-time demonstrations of so many procedures from the world's experts. These features make Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy essential reading for fellows who are serious about endoscopy. This volume is also a vehicle for acquisition of new skills and an indispensable resource for practicing clinicians in both community and academic settings.
"This beautiful book admirably succeeds in meeting these lofty objectives. This is an essential and beautiful addition to the GI endoscopy literature. The authors have marshaled their collective decades of expert clinical endoscopic experience to create a book that clearly represents the core of proven practice while including numerous innovations. This is a must-have and must-read for any serous GI endoscopist.."
(Willem de Villiers, MD, PhD, MHCM - University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Doody 4 star rating)
- Gregory G. Ginsberg, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; Gastroenterology Division, Director of Endoscopic Services, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Michael L. Kochman, MD, FACP, Professor of Medicine, Co-Director, Gastrointestinal Oncology, Endoscopic Training Director, Gastroenterology Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Ian D. Norton, MB, BS(Syd), PhD(NSW), FRACP, Director of Endoscopy, Concord Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Christopher J. Gostout, Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Director of Endoscopic Development, Rochester, MN